The LMCG Fund’s Adviser is LMCG Investments, a multi-strategy boutique investment firm, where experienced investment teams are supported by institutional caliber compliance, operations and marketing capabilities. Investors benefit from the investment acumen of our internal teams, all operating with a degree of autonomy that allows them to do their best work. In addition to oversight by the Adviser’s experienced Chief Investment Officer, the teams are supported by an overarching corporate structure that reaches across the firm to help each team manage their risk exposures, and benefit from rigorous compliance protocols and operational support. The leadership of LMCG has a long history of working together and have provided trading, settlement, and operational expertise for strategies invested in over 40 countries, for traditional long only, directional long-short and market neutral approaches, across an array of fixed income and equity based strategies.
This mix of entrepreneurialism and oversight enables us to provide investment expertise with the assurance that investors’ interests are paramount. Principals of the firm are significant investors in the LMCG Funds and the strategies upon which the funds are based.
Our firm is built on the belief that highly talented institutional management teams with distinct and unique investment skills provide valuable perspective during different market environments. Currently, we have teams focusing in the following asset classes: Emerging Markets, International Small Caps, International Large Caps, U.S. Small and Mid Caps (both Growth and Value respectively), and U.S Large Cap Core Growth. We feel this breadth and depth of exposure to the equity markets around the globe sets LMCG apart.
PHILOSOPHY FOR GLOBAL MULTICAP FUND
- That investing in global equities offers the best opportunity for superior long term returns, capitalizing on the widest and most comprehensive public equity opportunities.
- That the normal marketing cycle and ideal investing cycle are often in conflict – and that we as an institution will strive to ensure our clients interests are foremost in the investment process.
- That small entrepreneurial teams of talented investment professionals may deliver better long term performance than their peers.
- That in-depth knowledge and understanding of internal investment managers’ thought processes will assist asset allocators in potentially producing superior risk adjusted returns.
- That no single investment philosophy is superior to another in the long run and that time tested skill of experienced professionals adhering to their investment disciplines and putting the client’s interests first are essential to delivering superior results.
PHILOSOPHY FOR GLOBAL MARKET NEUTRAL FUND
- That traditional investing in equities and fixed income may be improved upon by the thoughtful and timely use of alternative investments.
- That investments which have low historic correlation to traditional asset classes and that are managed to avoid the severe ups and downs of the market should be the first alternatives funds that investors add to their portfolios.
- That markets often misprice stocks, and that understanding historical mispricing trends positions us to capitalize on future mispricing occurrences.
- That the ability to create alpha will ebb and flow in different segments of equity markets and in different regions of the world at different times. Therefore, a global market neutral strategy stands a better chance of delivering stable returns than alternative approaches which focus on single sub-asset classes or markets.
- That the use of leverage, other than for the function of short selling securities, creates unacceptable risk for most alternative investments.
- That periodically, market conditions create irregular and sometimes large changes in returns of alternative strategies, and that it is essential for the investment manager to communicate clearly and promptly about the nature of those disruptions.
PHILOSOPHY FOR INTERNATIONAL SMALL CAP FUND
- That international small cap equity is an asset class underutilized by many investors – both institutional and individual
- That an allocation to international small cap equity can offer diversification benefits for an equity investment program
- There is more opportunity for active managers to add value versus a passive benchmark in international small cap equity than there is in international large cap equity
- That exposure to non-dollar assets makes sound investment sense given the potential for a weakening US dollar
- That a quantitative approach to investing in international small cap equities may be more efficient than other approaches, given the far-reaching geographical scope of this market
Leverage – Investing with borrowed money as a way to amplify investment gains, at the risk of greater losses.
There can be no guarantee that any strategy (risk management or otherwise) will be successful. All investing involves risk, including the potential loss of principal.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, and charges and expenses of the Fund carefully before investing. The prospectus contains this and other information about the Fund. You may obtain a prospectus by calling (877) 591-4667. The prospectus should be read carefully before investing.
Foreside Fund Services, LLC.